Berlinale Talent Campus
Berlinale Talent Campus
*Call for Applications *
Berlinale Talent Campus, Goethe-Institute
and FIPRESCI invite young film critics to Berlin.
Dear Friends of Film,
We would like to invite you and/or your colleagues to apply for *The Talent
Press*, a project of the Berlinale Talent Campus, Goethe-Institute, and
FIPRESCI (the International Federation of Film Critics). Young film critics
and film journalists will be invited to Berlin to report on the films at the
58th Berlin International Film Festival (February 07 -17, 2008) and on the
events of the Berlinale Talent Campus (February 9 - 14, 2008).
The application phase for the Talent Press started. The following
application criteria can also be found online at
www.berlinale-talentcampus.de and www.fipresci.org Eligible are young film
critics or journalists:
- who are fluent in English (writing and speaking)
- who are under 30 years
- who are eager to report on films within the framework of the Berlin
International Film Festival and on events held during the Berlinale Talent
- who have published articles in newspapers, film magazines, on websites or
What we expect from you:
- to work equally in all fields of journalism - you will write interviews,
reviews, reports, articles and features on the Berlinale Talent Campus and
the Berlin International Film Festival
- to attend daily editorial meetings with their mentors (see below)
This material may be published on www.berlinale-talentcampus.de and
www.fipresci.org. Participants will grant unlimited use and exploitation
rights in and to all articles and reviews done in the framework of the
Berlinale Talent Campus and the Berlin International Film Festival.
What we will offer you:
- a share of the travel expenses according to your country of origin
- free accommodation in youth hostels in Berlin from February 08 to 16, 2007
- the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet and to be with 350 young
talented filmmakers from all over the world and to experience the day-to-day
buzz of a prestigious A-Festival
- you will be guided through the Berlin International Film Festival by Peter
Cowie (former International Publishing Director of "Variety" and author of
many books on film), Oliver Baumgarten (Chief Editor "Schnitt") and other
renowned film critics. Rubaica Jaliwala is your contact person from
the Berlinale Talent Campus team.
Every day, you will write a critique about a film from the festival
programme or short reviews of an event at the Campus programme, and will
discuss and review it with their fellow participants and film critics.
Your online application should include:
- Curriculum vitae and personal data (address, email etc.)
- up to three (3) original copies of articles that you have published in the
last two (2) years (if these articles are not in English you should supply
us with a decent translation as a proof of your English writing skills for
Your steps to completing an online application:
- You can only apply on the Berlinale Talent Campus website
(All the relevant information and the application form can be found under
the menu point APPLICATION. Be sure to choose the Talent Press Application.)
- Get an application number on our website.
- Log in and fill out the complete online application form.
- Please ensure that you have filled out the online application completely.
If you are unable to upload your articles you can send them by regular mail.
- Your work must be at the Berlinale Talent Campus by *October 15th, 2007 **
.* Please make sure your name and application number are clearly displayed
on your articles.
If you have any queries please contact
The application deadline is *October 15th, 2007* . Successful candidates
will be notified by the end of December.
Watch out for the new features on the website!
The Talent Campus website www.berlinale-talentcampus.de has been completely
relaunched to offer more information at a glance about talents, alumni and
the renowned experts.
Berlinale Talent Campus Team
Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin
Potsdamer Strasse 5
T +49 (30) 259 20 515
F +49 (30) 259 20 519
The Berlinale Talent Campus is an initiative of the Berlin International
Film Festival. The Talent Press is organised in co-operation with FIPRESCI,
Goethe Institute and Goethe Forum.
FIPRESCI - Fédération Internationale de la Presse Cinématographique
Schleissheimer Str. 83, D-80797 Munich, Germany
T +49 (89) 18 23 03, F +49 (89) 18 47 66